16.2031, Jobs: Computational Ling: Designer, BeVocal Inc.

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 30 17:03:41 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2031. Thu Jun 30 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2031, Jobs: Computational Ling:  Designer, BeVocal Inc.

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 29-Jun-2005
From: Megan Waterman < meganw at bevocal.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics:  Voice User Interface Designer, BeVocal Inc., CA, USA

Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:00:02
From: Megan Waterman < meganw at bevocal.com >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: BeVocal Inc.
Department: Engineering
Job Rank: Voice User Interface Designer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Voice Applications
Required Language(s): English (ENG)

BV263 -Voice User Interface Designer
We are currently looking for an experienced Voice User Interface Designer.
You must have a strong background in designing and tuning voice user
interfaces that are natural and compelling, and meet our customers' goals
of reducing costs and increasing automation rates. You should have
demonstrable experience in human-computer interaction, persona development,
effective prompt design, and UI design principles. You will design
interactions and create voice prompts to elicit appropriate responses, and
also will design usability studies and recommend improvements based on your
observations.

Level:
Linguistics or Human Computer Interaction Degree (BS/MS) with 4+ years
experience in voice application design and tuning.

Requirements:

Experience writing voice prompts, designing call flows, coaching voice talent.
Experience designing and running usability studies.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Understanding of speech recognition technologies.
Experience with coaching voice talents and audio editing is preferred.
Experience in designing, implementing, and reporting recognition experiments is
a plus.

Address for Applications:

Megan Waterman
685 Clyde Avenue
Mountain View, CA 94043
United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

Bryan Lizardo
Email: bryan at bevocal.com
Phone: 650 641 1476