16.622, Qs: Upspeak; Online Questionnaires

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 2 19:50:01 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-622. Wed Mar 02 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.622, Qs: Upspeak; Online Questionnaires

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Mar-2005
From: Mary O'Brien < mgobrien at ucalgary.ca >
Subject: Upspeak in Languages Other Than English

2)
Date: 02-Mar-2005
From: Michele Bishop < mishbish at mac.com >
Subject: Online Questionnaires

Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:47:47
From: Mary O'Brien < mgobrien at ucalgary.ca >

I am looking for information on the use of high-rise terminal contours
(a.k.a. upspeak or uptalk) in languages other than English. I would
appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mary O'Brien

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis
                     Typology