16.681, Jobs: Applied Ling/TESL: Asst Prof, East Carolina U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 8 18:30:51 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-681. Tue Mar 08 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.681, Jobs: Applied Ling/TESL: Asst Prof, East Carolina U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 08-Mar-2005
From: Michael Aceto < acetom at mail.ecu.edu >
Subject: Applied Linguistics/TESL: Asst Prof, East Carolina University, NC, USA

Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:27:37
From: Michael Aceto < acetom at mail.ecu.edu >

University or Organization: East Carolina University
Department: English
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TESL

Assistant Professor of English, tenure-track, starting August 22, 2005.
Ph.D. in Second Language Acquisition/Teaching English as a Second Language,
in English linguistics or in linguistics with specialization in SLA/TESL;
evidence of scholarly potential required. Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
Appropriate service to the university, community, and profession is
expected. Screening begins April 4, 2005; position open until filled. Send
letter, vita, statement of teaching philosophy and research agenda, and
three current reference letters to the address below.

An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action University.  Accommodates
individuals with disabilities.   Individuals requesting a disability
accommodation should call the ECU Office of Disability Support Services at
252-328-6799 (Voice/TTY/Relay).  Proper documentation of identity and
employability are required at the time of employment.  Official transcript
required upon employment.

Address for Applications:

	Chair, Dr. Bruce Southard
	Box T
	Department of English
	Greenville, NC 27858-4353
	United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

	Dr. Bruce Southard
	Email: southardo at mail.ecu.edu
	Phone: 252-328-6380
	Fax: 252-328-4889
	Website: http://www.ecu.edu/english

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!