16.683, Jobs: Neuroling: Lecturer, U of College London

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 8 18:59:50 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-683. Tue Mar 08 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.683, Jobs: Neuroling: Lecturer, U of College London

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 08-Mar-2005
From: Heather van der Lely < h.vanderlely at ucl.ac.uk >
Subject: Neurolinguistics/Language Acquisition: Lecturer, University College London, United Kingdom

Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:55:04
From: Heather van der Lely < h.vanderlely at ucl.ac.uk >

University or Organization: University College London
Department: Human Communication Science
Job Rank: Lecturer in Psychology
Specialty Areas:
Cognitive Science;
Language Acquisition;
Neurolinguistics;
Development

Grade A of the University Lecturer scale (current range £25,973-£ 29,446
including London allowance). For three years from 20 September 2005.

The department (RAE 5) represents several disciplines related to speech,
language and communication, with taught undergraduate and graduate degree
programmes in speech and language pathology/therapy and human communication
science, and a PhD programme. It seeks to extend its existing strengths in
developmental cognitive neuroscience and cognitive psychology. The person
appointed will contribute to research and teaching (including research
methods teaching) at undergraduate and postgraduate level.

Outstanding research ability or potential is the prime criterion for this
post, as indicated by a strong publications record and involvement in
externally funded research. A PhD in Psychology or a related topic, and
some university teaching experience, will be required.

For further information about the department and departmental research, go
to http://www.ucl.ac.uk/HCS/ Informal enquires should be addressed to
Professor Jane Maxim (Head of Department) (mailto:j.maxim at ucl.ac.uk) or to
Dr Chris Donlan (mailto:c.donlan at ucl.ac.uk)

For further information on how to apply, including an application form, go
to http://www.ucl.ac.uk/HCS/vacancies/
Alternatively, you can ask Faisal Haque (contact details below) to send you
details.

To apply, send or email a completed application form and a curriculum vitae to
the address below (email: hcs.reception at ucl.ac.uk; telephone +44 (0) 20 7679 4200).

The application form contains a section headed 'Statement in support of
your application.' In following the instructions for that section you
should ensure the information you give sets out why you satisfy the
requirements of the person specification.

We particularly welcome black and minority applicants as they are
under-represented at this level within University College London (S 38 of
the RRA 1976 apply).

Address for Applications:

Faisal Haque
Department of Human Communication Science
University College
Chandler House
2 Wakefield Street
London WC1N 1PF
United Kingdom

Application Deadline: 11-Apr-2005

Contact Information:

	Prof Jane Maxim
	Email: j.maxim at ucl.ac.uk

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!