16.717, Qs: African Lang Near Amazon;Multiling TTS Synthesis

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 10 21:11:02 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-717. Thu Mar 10 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.717, Qs: African Lang Near Amazon;Multiling TTS Synthesis

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 09-Mar-2005
From: Stan Anonby < stan-sandy_anonby at sil.org >
Subject: African Language Near the Amazon

2)
Date: 07-Mar-2005
From: Zoe Handley < zoe.handley at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk >
Subject: Multilingual TTS Synthesis

Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:09:38
From: Stan Anonby < stan-sandy_anonby at sil.org >

I have been told there is an African language, possibly a creole, spoken
north of Orixamina, on near the Amazon River, in Para, Brazil. Does anyone
have any knowledge of this?

Stan Anonby

Linguistic Field(s): Language Description