16.731, Jobs: English/General Ling: Asst Prof, U of Macau

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 11 18:40:07 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-731. Fri Mar 11 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.731, Jobs: English/General Ling: Asst Prof, U of Macau

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 11-Mar-2005
From: Glenn Timmermans < gtimmer at umac.mo >
Subject: English/General Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Macau, Macau

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:35:50
From: Glenn Timmermans < gtimmer at umac.mo >

University or Organization: University of Macau
Department: English
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language: English (ENG)

The English Department at the University of Macau invites applicants for a
full-time position in English linguistics at the Assistant Professor level,
commencing 1 September 2005. Applicants should possess a PhD in linguistics or
closely related field at the time of application and should have demonstrated
teaching and research abilities in English linguistics. An interest in English
and in an Asian context is desirable. Candidates with a specialization in
discourse analysis, psycholinguistics, phonetics/phonology, corpus linguistics,
or research methodology are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants should
complete an application form downloadable from the University website, and
submit with items specified in the job description mentioned on the website.
Please use to the following reference code: FSH/PROF/ENG_LING/2005.   The
University of Macau is a public university  in the Macao Special Administrative
Region of the People's Republic of China.

Address for Applications:

	Dr. Glenn Timmermans
	FSH - English, University of Macau
	Av. Padre Tomas Pereira SJ
	Taipa Macao

Application Deadline: 08-Apr-2005

Contact Information:

	Dr. Glenn Timmermans
	Email: gtimmer at umac.mo
	Phone: +853 397-4217
	Fax: +853 838-312
	Website: http://www.umac.mo

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!