16.732, Jobs: Phonology/Syntax: Post Doc, University of Tromso

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 11 18:46:42 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-732. Fri Mar 11 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.732, Jobs: Phonology/Syntax: Post Doc, University of Tromso

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 10-Mar-2005
From: Curt Rice < curt.rice at hum.uit.no >
Subject: Modified Re: 16.482: Phonology/Syntax: Post Doc, University of Tromso, Norway

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:41:10
From: Curt Rice < curt.rice at hum.uit.no >

University or Organization: University of Tromso
Department: CASTL
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Phonology; Syntax

The University of Tromsø invites applications for up to 3 two-year post-doctoral
positions in theoretical linguistics. The positions may be extended to three
years in certain circumstances.

The positions are associated with the Center for Advanced Study in Theoretical
Linguistics (CASTL) at the Faculty of Humanities; read more about CASTL at
http://castl.uit.no.

One of the positions -Position 1- will be linked to a specific research program
in syntax named 'Moving right along', directed by Professor Peter Svenonius.
For more information on this project, see http://uit.no/castl/4514/14.

For the other two positions -Position 2 and Position 3- we solicit applications
connected to any one (or more) of CASTL's projects, as presented at
http://castl.uit.no.

Please indicate which position(s) you are applying for.  Applicants applying for
more than one position may send a single set of application materials.

The successful applicant will document scientific competence within those areas
of theoretical linguistics which are relevant to CASTL's research project.

The salary for the positions follows the relevant Norwegian regulations. At the
time the regular salary for a post doctor is NOK 358.700 per year. A 2 %
contribution to the Norwegian pension fund is obligatory.

The application should include:
- a letter of application (up to 3 pages) with a description of the applicants'
background, research experience and the relevance of previous work to CASTL's
research project
- A research proposal (5-7 pages), which must be relevant to CASTL's research
profile as described on CASTL's web page: http://www.hum.uit.no/castl
- 2 letters of recommendation
- certified copies of references, diplomas and transcripts
- a complete list of publications including information about where the works
have been published

The application should be sent in 5 collated sets to the following address by
March 29:

The University Director
The University of Tromsø
NO-9037 Tromsø
NORWAY

NB! We also want the application letter and project proposal sent to us
electronically at castl at hum.uit.no

In addition to the application materials mentioned above, applicants must also
send 3 collated sets of academic works - published or unpublished - to the
following address by March 29. This should minimally include the doctoral
dissertation (or selected chapters, if the work is not yet finished).

The Faculty of Humanities
The University of Tromsø
NO-9037 Tromsø
NORWAY

The evaluation will only consider information and material which are submitted
by March 29, 2005.

The evaluation will consider the need to maintain breadth within CASTL's
research profile, taking into consideration our core strengths in syntax and
phonology.

For questions about position 1: please Contact Prof. Peter Svenonius at
peter.svenonius at hum.uit.no

For questions about position 2 and 3, please contact Prof. Curt Rice at
curt.rice at hum.uit.no

The University of Tromsø wishes to recruit women to academic positions. When two
applicants are found to be essentially equally qualified, the University will
rank the female applicant ahead of the male applicant.

Address for Applications:

	University Director
	University of Tromso
	Tromso NO-9006
	Norway

Application Deadline: 29-Mar-2005

Contact Information:

	Curt Rice
	Email: curt.rice at hum.uit.no
	Phone: 4777644261
	Website: http://castl.uit.no

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!