16.743, Confs: General Ling/Potsdam, Germany

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 12 03:03:24 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-743. Fri Mar 11 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.743, Confs: General Ling/Potsdam, Germany

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Amy Wronkowicz <amy at linguistlist.org>

Date: 09-Mar-2005
From: Shinichiro Ishihara < ishihara at rz.uni-potsdam.de >
Subject: 2nd Workshop on Prosody, Syntax, and Information Structure

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:58:48
From: Shinichiro Ishihara < ishihara at rz.uni-potsdam.de >

2nd Workshop on Prosody, Syntax, and Information Structure
Short Title: WPSI 2

Date: 18-Mar-2005 - 18-Mar-2005
Location: Potsdam, Germany
Contact: Shinichiro Ishihara
Contact Email: ishihara at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Meeting URL: http://www.sfb632.uni-potsdam.de/events/ws180305.php

This workshop aims to discuss issues on the interaction of prosody, syntax, and
information structure, from an interdisciplinary point of view. All the speakers
of this workshop have recently been working on relevant issues, especially
looking at the phenomena related to the intonation of focus and (wh-)questions
in Japanese.

>From this specific topic, we hope to extend the discussion to some other
potentially related phenomena, as well as to other languages. With that goal in
mind, we welcome researchers interested in any area of prosody, syntax, and
information structure to attend the workshop and join the discussion.

This workshop is held as a continuation of the one held last year at Indiana
University. For more information about the previous workshop, please visit the
WPSI 1 website:
http://www.iub.edu/~ykling/wpsi.html

WPSI 2 is funded by Project A1 of the SFB 632 'Information Structure'.

SPEAKERS:
  Masako Hirotani (Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences)
  Shinichiro Ishihara (University of Potsdam)
  Yoshihisa Kitagawa (Indiana University)
  Haruo Kubozono (Kobe University)
  Satoshi Tomioka (University of Delaware)

LOCATION:
  University of Potsdam, Golm Campus
  Haus 10, Room 0.26

PROGRAM:
9:30-9:50
Coffee and refreshments

9:50-10:00
Opening Remarks

Morning Session

10:00-11:00
Shinichiro Ishihara
Intonation of the Indeterminate Construction and Sentences with an NPI

11:00-12:00
Masako Hirotani
Prosodic Processing of Scopal Relevant Items in Japanese

12:00-14:00
Lunch

Afternoon Session I

14:00-15:00