16.798, FYI: Funding for Endangered Linguistics Resource

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 16 17:59:22 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-798. Wed Mar 16 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.798, FYI: Funding for Endangered Linguistics Resource

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Gayathri Sriram <gayatri at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-Mar-2005
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Fund Drive 2005 Begins!

2)
Date: 16-Mar-2005
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: How to Donate

3)
Date: 16-Mar-2005
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Contributors

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:51:23
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >

In this message:
  * We need your help!
  * Why this year won't be like last year... (Phew!)
  * Beautiful fashion accessories!
  * More Fun Ddrive Fun!

Dear Subscribers,

It's that beautiful time of year again, when the Michigan snow is
melting away, the flowers are just starting to push through and the
LINGUIST piggybank starts feel a little light.  It's time for...

The LINGUIST List Annual Fund Drive!

Yes, that time when your dedicated team of Graduate Assistants and
Professors asks you to reflect on what LINGUIST means to you, both
professionally and personally.  And then to put an approximate dollar
figure on that.

Regular readers will recall the marathon Fund Drive last year that
lasted slightly longer than our usual six weeks.  We'd like to assure
you that this year will be *very* different!

Firstly, we have strictly calculated our budget requirements for the
remainder of the year and arrived at the following figure for our Fund
Drive Goal 2005: USD 48,867.

(Please note that this does not include coffee - crew intake of which is
often dangerously high, particularly during Fund Drive - so any extra
pennies you can drop into the piggybank will always be most graciously
accepted!)

Secondly, Fund Drive will run for strictly *four* weeks and four weeks
only, from today through to Friday April 8th.  Please, please, please
help us reach our goal in that time!

Finally, we want to make it as easy as possible for you and your peers
to contribute.  Please see http://linguistlist.org/funddrive.html for
all the information you need on donate, coordinate your school's grad
school challenge attempt, and choose your premium!

Of course the whole crew and advisors will be working hard to keep you
entertained for the next four weeks, so keep your eyes peeled for
upcoming Fun Fund Drive messages!

Some things to look forward to:
- The LINGUIST Limerick Contest!
- A Scavenger Hunt around linguistlist.org!
- Great publisher giveaways!

Please support your LINGUIST List today: http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

Thank you,
The LINGUIST List Crew