16.801, Qs: Soqotri Language;Female American English Speakers

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 16 22:14:47 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-801. Wed Mar 16 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.801, Qs: Soqotri Language;Female American English Speakers

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-Mar-2005
From: Doug Whalen < whalen at haskins.yale.edu >
Subject: Soqotri Language Research

2)
Date: 15-Mar-2005
From: Shu-jong Liao < mandy69112309 at yahoo.com.tw >
Subject: Female American English Native Speakers

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:10:06
From: Doug Whalen < whalen at haskins.yale.edu >

Does anyone on the list work with Soqotri (Ethnologue: SQT)?  I am posting
for a colleague who would like to get in touch with linguists working on
this language.

I have heard that potentially the following are working on the language:

Dr Bawasire
Dr Vitaly Naukin from Russia
Dr. Yosof Abdullah

If anyone has specifics on them, I would like to hear from them.

Thanks, Doug Whalen DhW

whalen at haskins.yale.edu

Linguistic Field(s): Language Description