16.823, News: Languages, Links and More!

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 17 22:15:05 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-823. Thu Mar 17 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.823, News: Languages, Links and More!

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Neil Salmond <neil at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Mar-2005
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Language Resources and Tools on LINGUIST

2)
Date: 17-Mar-2005
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: How to donate...

3)
Date: 17-Mar-2005
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Is your name on the contributors list?

Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:12:03
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >

Dear LINGUIST subscribers,

Language resources and tools form a good part of the LINGUIST service
(http://linguistlist.org/langres/index.html).  It provides information on
languages, language families, and links to many website which provide language
related information.

Another important facility is the Text and Computer Tools
(http://linguistlist.org/tools/index.html) which has links to many language
related tools and test manipulation tools for different languages. These links
are provided by the developers of the tools, which help our subscribers to find
easy access to the right tools when needed.

The language search facility
(http://linguistlist.org/forms/langs/find-a-language-or-family.html) searches
our database with more that 7000 languages which have over 47,000 language and
their alternate names. These languages include both extinct and nearly extinct
languages too. The system provides detailed information about each language and
language families and also constructed languages. It also provides links to
other linguistics related sites like Ethnologue where the users can find more
information about the language or language family.

The Text and computer tools section contains links to websites where language
specific tools can be accessed. It also provides a facility where users can put
in links to their own tools that can be used by the linguistic community.

These facilities provided by LINGUIST help users find important information
about languages with ease. Links to dictionaries, writing systems, software,
fonts etc. are some of the available information and tools about languages that
can be found on the LINGUIST service.

This service is only available because of the continued support given by our
subscribers over years. Only this makes the collection of all this information
possible.

We solely keep the services running by your donations. Join us in keeping these
services going and alive. Please go now to donate at
http://www.linguistlist.org/donation.html, for which we are very grateful and
appreciate your support.

Many thanks,

Prashant Nagaraja