16.833, Jobs: Arabic/Applied Ling: Lecturer, U of Illinois

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 18 20:28:43 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-833. Fri Mar 18 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.833, Jobs: Arabic/Applied Ling: Lecturer, U of Illinois

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 18-Mar-2005
From: Abbas Benmamoun < benmamou at uiuc.edu >
Subject: Arabic/Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:24:39
From: Abbas Benmamoun < benmamou at uiuc.edu >

University or Organization: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Department: Linguistics
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Arabic

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) invites applications for a three-year full-time
Lecturer in Arabic in its Languages Program, beginning August 16, 2005.
The position is renewable contingent on funding and periodic satisfactory
performance reviews.  We seek a candidate who is able to teach Arabic
courses at all levels and willing to participate in a full range of Arabic
language program activities.

Required are an M.A. (minimum) or a Ph.D. (preferred) degree in Arabic
language pedagogy, second language acquisition, linguistics, or a
related field, experience teaching Arabic at the university level, and
high proficiency in both Arabic and English.  Experience with Arabic
language teaching materials development, especially those involving
computer-based instructional technologies, is preferred.  The salary is
competitive and commensurate with qualifications.  To ensure full
consideration, please send curriculum vitae, a concise statement of
curriculum development and teaching experience, and three letters of
reference by April 25, 2005.

Questions about this position should be addressed by email to Professor
Eyamba Bokamba, Director of the Language Program (217-244-3051,
bokamba at uiuc.edu)

Address for Applications:

Department of Linguistics
C/O Marita Romine
707 S. Mathews Ave; Suite 4080 FLB, MC 168
Urbana, IL  61801
USA

Application Deadline: 25-Apr-2005

Contact Information:

	Prof. Eyamba Bokamba
	Email: bokamba at uiuc.edu
	Phone: 217 244-3051
	Website: http://www.linguistics.uiuc.edu

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!