16.861, Jobs: English Language and Ling: Lecturer, U of Namur

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 22 13:45:24 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-861. Tue Mar 22 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.861, Jobs: English Language and Ling: Lecturer, U of Namur

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 22-Mar-2005
From: Dirk Delabastita < dirk.delabastita at fundp.ac.be >
Subject: English Language and Linguistics: Lecturer, University of Namur, Belgium

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:41:51
From: Dirk Delabastita < dirk.delabastita at fundp.ac.be >

University or Organization: University of Namur
Department: Département de langues et littératures germaniques
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: English Language (EFL) and Linguistics (general survey courses)
Required Language(s):
Dutch (DUT)
English (ENG)
French (FRN)
German, Standard (GER)

The Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures [Dutch/English/German] of
the University of Namur (FUNDP) invites applications for a full-time
tenure-track Lecturership in English language and linguistics.

Applicants have a PhD in English linguistics or general linguistics. Having good
language skills in French, they will show relevant experience or an aptitude for
EFL teaching to Francophone students. Working knowledge of a second Germanic
language featuring in our programmes (Dutch or German) is an asset.

Job description:
- development and teaching of undergraduate courses in English language, English
linguistics and general linguistics
- research in the areas of English linguistics and/or general linguistics
- participation in the institution's management activities (including the
Department's Erasmus exchange programmes).

Contract commences 1 September 2005.

For further details, consult the university's website and/or contact prof. Dirk
Delabastita, Head of the department (dirk.delabastita at fundp.ac.be).
Application forms may be obtained from: Service du Personnel FUNDP, Rue de
Bruxelles 61, B-5000 Namur, tel. 00 32 / (0)81 / 72 40 40.

Address for Applications

	Service du Personnel
	FUNDP
	Rue de Bruxelles 61
	Namur B-5000
	Belgium

Application Deadline: 18-Apr-2005

Contact Information:

	Prof. Dirk Delabastita
	Email: dirk.delabastita at fundp.ac.be
	Phone: 0032-(0)81/72.41.76
	Website: http://www.fundp.ac.be/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!