16.883, Qs: Language Choice;Transcription of Digital Audio

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 23 17:54:05 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-883. Wed Mar 23 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.883, Qs: Language Choice;Transcription of Digital Audio

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Mar-2005
From: Carsten Otto < carsten.otto at netcologne.de >
Subject: Bibliography on Language Choice

2)
Date: 21-Mar-2005
From: Susan Gehr < sgehr at karuk.us >
Subject: Transcription of Digital Audio

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:51:24
From: Carsten Otto < carsten.otto at netcologne.de >

Fellow Listeros,

I am writing my Ph.D. thesis on Bilingualism in Yucatan, Mexico. Does
anyone know an up to date, comprehensive bibliography on investigations
(recent and classic) into language choice, language maintenance, and
language shift in the Americas? I am mainly interested in the middle
american (Mayan speaking) region but any reference to investigations of
indegenous language/Spanish-pairs would be highly appreciated and - for
sure - summarized later.

Thank you very much in advance, cheers

Carsten Otto

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics
                     Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): Spanish (SPN)

Language Family(ies): Mayan