16.908, Jobs: Arabic linguistics: Consultant, Butler Hill Group

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 25 13:57:36 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-908. Fri Mar 25 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.908, Jobs: Arabic linguistics: Consultant, Butler Hill Group

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 24-Mar-2005
From: Jeff Stevenson < jeff at butlerhill.com >
Subject: Arabic linguistics: Consultant, Butler Hill Group, CT, USA

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:52:54
From: Jeff Stevenson < jeff at butlerhill.com >

University or Organization: Butler Hill Group
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Arabic linguistics
Required Language: Arabic, Standard (ABV)

The Butler Hill Group, a small consulting company, seeks a candidate for a
freelance 1099 contract position as an Arabic Linguist. We offer a fun,
supportive work environment with low administrative overhead and few hassles.
The rate for this project is $35.00/hr (paid as 1099 self-employment income).
The contract comes with no other benefits.

Total contract hours: Up to 30 (w/ possibility of future project-related
tasks/contracts)
Location: Telecommuting, with a strong preference for a US-based consultant

Contract responsibilities include writing a high-level document for a
non-academic audience about special features of Arabic, including language
policy, dialect features, word-formation phenomena, morphological patterns, etc.

Requirements:
- US work authorization, valid from now through March 2006. Sorry, but the
Butler Hill Group cannot sponsor employment visas.
- Excellent written communication in English. A background in technical writing
would be a plus.
- Highly organized, punctual, dependable, efficient, and detail-oriented.
- Familiar with writing conventions of multiple varieties of Arabic.
- Native-level knowledge of Arabic. Education in an Arabic-speaking country is a
plus.

To apply, please send a recent resume or CV to Jeff Stevenson,
jeff at butlerhill.com. Please include a cover letter specifying availability and
US work authorization.

Address for Applications

	Please Apply Online

Application Deadline: 08-Apr-2005

Contact Information:

	Jeff Stevenson
	Email: jeff at butlerhill.com
	Website: http://www.butlerhill.com/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!