16.916, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Asst Prof, Old Dominion U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 26 02:59:31 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-916. Fri Mar 25 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.916, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Asst Prof, Old Dominion U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 25-Mar-2005
From: Joanne Scheibman < jscheibm at odu.edu >
Subject: Sociolinguistics/English Linguistics: Asst Prof, Old Dominion University, VA, USA

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:56:55
From: Joanne Scheibman < jscheibm at odu.edu >

University or Organization: Old Dominion University
Department: English
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics; English Linguistics

Assistant Professor of Linguistics, English Department.
Tenure-track, 3/3 teaching load. Minimum requirements: Ph.D.
in Linguistics by August 15, 2005; qualified to teach courses in
sociolinguistics and English linguistics in BA, MA, and proposed
PhD programs. Evidence of scholarly potential and good
teaching required. Ability to teach discourse analysis, TESOL,
language and culture, phonology or experience with distance
learning a plus. Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, and
the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references
to the address below.  Review of applications  will begin April 15, 2005
and continue until position is filled. Old  Dominion University is an
affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and requires compliance
with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.

Address for Applications:

	Joyce Neff, Chair
	Department of English
	Batten Arts & Letters
	Norfolk, VA 23529
	United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

	Joanne Scheibman
	Email: jscheibm at odu.edu
	Phone: 757-683-3879

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!