16.919, Jobs: English/General Ling: Adjunct Prof, U of Maryland

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 26 03:19:50 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-919. Fri Mar 25 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.919, Jobs: English/General Ling: Adjunct Prof, U of Maryland

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 25-Mar-2005
From:  McIlvaine < amcilvaine at hodes.com >
Subject: English & General Linguistics: Adjunct Professor, University of Maryland University College, MD, USA

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:15:34
From:  McIlvaine < amcilvaine at hodes.com >

University or Organization: University of Maryland University College
Job Rank: Adjunct Professor
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language: English (ENG)

English and Speech Faculty - Multiple Positions Available.

University of Maryland University College
School of Undergraduate Studies in Europe and Asia

Full time 10- or 12-month Faculty Positions beginning in August 2005.

The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is a global, rapid
change, high growth institution focused on working adult students. We have
expanding opportunities for innovative faculty who value excellence in
teaching and lifelong learning.

As a UMUC faculty member in Asia or Europe, you will teach a minimum of 8
classes on a 10-month contract, or 9 classes on a 12-month contract.
Instructional delivery is face-to-face and/or online. You can expect to
change geographic location at least once, possibly twice, during an
academic year. Benefits include transportation, military base privileges
(PX, Commissary, etc) health insurance, and TIAA/CREF retirement.

Why UMUC:

UMUC is the second largest university in Maryland and one of the 11
degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland. We are
accredited by the Commission on Higher Education for the Middle States
Association of Colleges and Schools. For over 50 years, we have been the
leading educational-partner with the U.S. Department of Defense. More than
50 flag officers are UMUC graduates, and more than a million servicemembers
have taken UMUC courses. Last year, UMUC faculty taught nearly 51,000
active-duty military members and their dependents. UMUC serves the U.S.
military and their families at our military sites in 23 countries in Europe
and Asia.

Successful candidates will have a terminal degree in English or Speech or
two or more graduate degrees in English and Speech. The position requires a
minimum of two years teaching experience, ideally involving teaching
working adults in a classroom or online environment. To qualify you must
have authorization to work in the U.S. on an unrestricted basis.

To apply, visit the University of Maryland University College Overseas
Programs and complete the form at:
http://www.umuc.edu/faculty/employment/overseas.html. Submit a cover letter
with the following code ENG002, résumé, filled out application form, and a
list of three professional references together with copies of your graduate
studies transcripts to the address below.

EOE/F/MC/V.  Women and minority applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.

Address for Applications:

	Worldwide Faculty Recruitment Overseas Programs
	University of Maryland University College
	3501 University Blvd East
	Adelphi, MD 20783
	United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information

	Worldwide Faculty Recruitment
	Website: http://www.umuc.edu/faculty/employment/overseas.html

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.