16.927, Disc: Re: 16.894, Disc: Abolishing Fund Drive

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Mar 27 02:39:02 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-927. Sat Mar 26 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.927, Disc: Re: 16.894, Disc: Abolishing Fund Drive

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date: 26-Mar-2005
From: Elena Bashir < ebashir at uchicago.edu >
Subject: Re: 16.894, Disc: New: Abolishing Fund Drive

2)
Date: 26-Mar-2005
From: And Rosta < <a.rosta at v21.me.uk >
Subject: Re: 16.894, Disc: Abolishing Fund Drive

3)
Date: 26-Mar-2005
From: Richard Sproat < rws at uiuc.edu >
Subject: Re: 16.894, Abolishing Fund Drive

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 21:36:08
From: Elena Bashir < ebashir at uchicago.edu >

I think that charging for the use of LinguistList is a perfectly
reasonable solution.  People who use this extremely valuable service,
myself included, should be willing to pay a modest fee for it.  If you
divide the amount of money needed by the number of users, I think the
amount per user would be very small indeed.  ... You should, of course,
continue to charge publishing houses for announcing their books.