16.939, Disc: Re: 16.894, Disc: Abolishing Fund Drive

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 28 18:41:26 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-939. Mon Mar 28 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.939, Disc: Re: 16.894, Disc: Abolishing Fund Drive

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date: 28-Mar-2005
From: Marie-Josee Goulet < marie-josee.goulet.1 at ulaval.ca >
Subject: Re: 16.894, Disc: Abolishing Fund Drive

2)
Date: 28-Mar-2005
From: Jack Hall < jhall at uh.edu >
Subject: Funding for LINGUIST

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:37:04
From: Marie-Josee Goulet < marie-josee.goulet.1 at ulaval.ca >

I am a STUDENT at Laval University in Quebec City (Canada), and I am in
favor of charging a subscription fee to receive emails, but maybe not to
access the site. As I understood Ms. Cruz-Ferreira, it costs 50,000$ to run
the List and 20,000 linguists use it. So, it would cost 2,50$ by
subscriber. Did I miss something?

Even though we loose, let's say, 10,000 subscribers because of this new
charging fee, it would cost each one of us only 5$. Did I understand
correctly? Even students can pay that!

Last year, I donated to the Linguist List. I believe that the List is
essential and vital to the well-being of linguistics in the world.

Marie-Josee Goulet.

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable