16.958, Jobs: Language Acquisition: Researcher, U of Maryland

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 30 04:25:54 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-958. Tue Mar 29 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.958, Jobs: Language Acquisition: Researcher, U of Maryland

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 29-Mar-2005
From: Mike Long < mlong5 at umd.edu >
Subject: Language Acquisition: Researcher, University of Maryland, MD, USA

Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:23:46
From: Mike Long < mlong5 at umd.edu >

Fund Drive 2005 is now on! Visit http://linguistlist.org/donate.html to donate now!

University or Organization: University of Maryland, College Park
Department: School of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Second Language Acquisition
Required Language(s):
Arabic, Standard (ABV)
                      Chinese, Mandarin (CHN)
                      Korean (KKN)
                      Russian (RUS)

Native speakers of Arabic (preferably Egyptian or Levantine), Mandarin
Chinese, Korean, Persian, and Russian are sought for part-time or full-time
work as members of an approximately 15-person team conducting a Linguistic
Profiling project, expected to last for three years. Applicants will ideally be
current graduate students or post-docs with rigorous training in second language
acquisition and descriptive linguistics (two or more of phonology, morphology,
syntax, lexicon, and pragmatics) of the language concerned. 9-month and 12-month
appointments available at competitive salaries. Applicants must be available to
start work at Maryland by August 1, 2005.

Address for Applications:

	Professor Mike Long
	School of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
	1105 Jimenez Hall
	College Park, MD 20742
	United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

	Professor Mike Long
	Email: mlong5 at umd.edu
	Phone: 301-405-6464
	Website: http://www.languages.umd.edu

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!