16.1441, Qs: Arabic Generator; Films on Endangered Languages

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri May 6 00:46:00 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1441. Thu May 05 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1441, Qs: Arabic Generator; Films on Endangered Languages

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 05-May-2005
From: Ahmed Hafez < scientist01eg at yahoo.com >
Subject: Arabic Generator

2)
Date: 04-May-2005
From: Ole Stig Andersen < osa at olestig.dk >
Subject: Films and Documentaries on Endangered Languages

Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 20:41:08
From: Ahmed Hafez < scientist01eg at yahoo.com >

I am a researcher working on an English - Arabic Transfer MT system.  Could
you guide me to a suitable Arabic generator?

My Research is based on the transfer approach to MT (English-Arabic). The
reseach is divided into three stages: analysis, transfer and synthesis. The
analysis is based on the HPSG with LKB parser. The Transfer stage is based on
semantic (MRS)and syntactic transfer. I need for the synthesis a generator that
can take the output of the transfer stage in order to generate the Arabic target
language equivalent of the source language sentence.

Best -
Ahmad

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics