16.1528, Jobs: Lexical Semantics: Research Asst, Northeastern U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu May 12 23:39:22 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1528. Thu May 12 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1528, Jobs: Lexical Semantics: Research Asst, Northeastern U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 09-May-2005
From: Janet Randall < randall at neu.edu >
Subject: Modified Re: 16.1528468: Lexical Semantics: Summer Research Asst, Northeastern University/close to LSA Summer Institute, MA, USA

Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:36:41
From: Janet Randall < randall at neu.edu >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Northeastern University -close to LSA Summer Institute
Department: Linguistics Program
Job Rank: Summer Research Assistant
Specialty Areas: Lexical Semantics /Argument Structure /Linking Theory

Summer Research Assistant needed for a book project

Must be familiar with lexical semantics, specifically the Lexical Conceptual
Structure of verbs and their arguments, linking rules, the syntax/semantics
interface, argument structure, theta-role argumentation and event structure from
the early-90s to the present (including Jackendoff, Levin & Rappaport).
Preference given to candidates available for regular meetings in Boston/Cambridge.

Time frame: June 1 through August 1 (but somewhat flexible)
Commitment: approximately 20 hours/week for approximately 8 weeks.
Flexible; will coordinate meetings with LSA Institute schedule
Qualifications: Post-doc or advanced PhD candidate
Salary: $3000
Send: cv and at least one reference by e-mail (reference should be easily
contactable by phone and/or e-mail)

Applications may be sent by e-mail or to the address below.

Address for Applications:

	Janet Randall
	Linguistics Program  Northeastern University
	406 Holmes Hall
	Boston, MA 02115
	United States of America

Application Deadline: 20-May-2005