16.1576, Jobs: Indonesian & Lexicography: Lexicographer, VA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue May 17 20:04:08 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1576. Tue May 17 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1576, Jobs: Indonesian & Lexicography: Lexicographer, VA

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-May-2005
From: Craig Kopris < kopris at apptek.com >
Subject: Indonesian & Lexicography: Lexicographer, AppTek, Inc., VA, USA

Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:02:22
From: Craig Kopris < kopris at apptek.com >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: AppTek, Inc.
Job Rank: Lexicographer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography
Required Language: Indonesian (INZ)

AppTek, Inc. (http://www.apptek.com) is seeking an Indonesian lexicographer
for a 6-month position, to aid in the preparation of an Indonesian-English
lexicon.

Duties:
Prepare and verify Indonesian-English dictionary entries, in consultation
with other team members, in a suitable format.

AppTek is located in northern Virginia.  However, most to all of the work
can be done offsite, so long as the lexicographer has reliable email access.

Qualifications:
The lexicographer should be a native speaker of Bahasa Indonesia, with
basic knowledge of morphology and syntax, as well as fluency in English.
Reading ability in Dutch a plus but not required.
Experience in lexicography preferred, but general and computational
linguistics acceptable.
Basic computer knowledge required.  Experience with Shoebox/Toolbox a plus.

Start Date: The position begins July 1, 2005, and lasts six months.

To apply, please submit resume/CV as an email attachment to Craig Kopris at
kopris at apptek.com.  If necessary, submissions can also be made by fax to
(703) 821-5001, attn: Craig Kopris.

Address for Applications:

	Dr. Craig Kopris