16.1579, Jobs: Lexicography: Language Expert, ScanSoft, Inc.

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue May 17 20:14:26 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1579. Tue May 17 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1579, Jobs: Lexicography: Language Expert, ScanSoft, Inc.

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-May-2005
From: Emily Tucker < emily.tucker at scansoft.com >
Subject: Phonetic Transcription/Lexicography: Language Expert, ScanSoft, Inc., MA, USA

Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:11:52
From: Emily Tucker < emily.tucker at scansoft.com >

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.

University or Organization: ScanSoft, Inc.
Job Rank: Language Expert
Specialty Areas: Lexicography; Phonetic Transcription
Required Language(s):
Dutch (DUT)
                     French (FRN)
                      German, Standard (GER)
                      Spanish (SPN)

ScanSoft, a world-wide leader in speech technology, is seeking part-time
language consultants to enhance our language dictionaries.

Responsibilities:
- Identifying new entries for general and specialized dictionaries.
- Writing phonetic transcriptions for new and existing entries.
- Serving as language expert resource for engineers and researchers.

Requirements:
- Native or near-native fluency in one or more of the following: Dutch,
German, Spanish, French.
- Completion or near-completion of undergraduate degree in linguistics.
- Knowledge of International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Familiarity with a text editor such as emacs or vi.
- Ability to work independently.
- Up-to-date computer.
- Home internet connection.

Helpful Skills:
- Expertise in medicine, law, or technology.
- Knowledge of UNIX.
- Ability to program in Perl.

All work will be done off-site and will require 5 to 15 hours per week.
Pay is commensurate with experience.

To apply, please submit your resume or CV and a brief statement describing
your experience and abilities to the email address below.  We will consider
only electronic submissions.  No phone calls, please.

Address for Applications:

	Emily Tucker
	Email Address Below

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

	Emily Tucker
	Email: emily.tucker at scansoft.com