16.1634, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Sehda, Inc.

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat May 21 23:27:14 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1634. Sat May 21 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1634, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Sehda, Inc.

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 20-May-2005
From: Farzad Ehsani < resume at sehda.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Sehda, Inc, CA, USA

Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 19:21:47
From: Farzad Ehsani < resume at sehda.com >

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.

University or Organization: Sehda, Inc
Job Rank: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Language Modeling

Sehda is a small company, based in Mountain View, that is the leader in
speech-to-speech translation and other natural language processing technologies.
Our systems are used by US soldiers and by hospital employees to communicate
with their non-English speaking patients. We are growing to serve our growing
customer base and we are seeking individuals who are creative, fun, hard working
and excited about cutting edge technology to join our team. Sehda offers a
strong technical team, informal work environment, competitive benefits, stock
options and a lot of laughter. This is a rare opportunity to have fun, work
hard, and create great products that change the world.

Language Modeling R&D Position - Refer to Position LM03

Requirements:
An MS or Ph.D. (BS okay if you bring a lot of experience to the table) in EE/CS
focusing on speech recognition, language modeling, or statistical machine
translation. Someone with computational linguistics background may be okay as well.

Desired Qualifications:
The ideal candidate should have one or more of the following:
* Minimum 2-4 years of experience with statistical language modeling
* Minimum 2-4 years of experience in speech recognition and/or statistical
machine translation
* Good knowledge of probability and statistics
* Prior Start-up experience
* Programming skills in UNIX or Windows Environment
* Good written and verbal skills

We do not expect the candidate to know everything (although that helps), but we
do expect you to think on your feet, be interested in learning and developing
new technologies, and not be afraid of getting your hands dirty.

Address for Applications:

	Please apply online by sending resumes to resume at sehda.com

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

	Farzad Ehsani
	Email: resume at sehda.com
	Website: http://www.sehda.com