16.1662, Jobs: Field Methods: Lecturer, Stanford University

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue May 24 19:34:23 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1662. Tue May 24 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1662, Jobs: Field Methods:  Lecturer, Stanford University

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-May-2005
From: Nikhila Pai < nikhila.pai at stanford.edu >
Subject: Modified Re:  16-1662657: Semantics/Syntax: Lecturer, Stanford University, CA, USA

Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 15:29:10
From: Nikhila Pai < nikhila.pai at stanford.edu >

University or Organization: Stanford University
Department: Linguistics
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Semantics; Syntax

Visiting Lecturer Position
Department of Linguistics
STANFORD UNIVERSITY

The Department of Linguistics at Stanford University invites applications
for a one-quarter visiting position at the rank of Lecturer during the
2005-2006 Academic Year. We prefer applicants who are available to teach
in the Winter or Spring Quarters a (approximately, January-March 2006 or
April-June 2006). The Lecturer will be expected to teach two
quarter-length courses at the graduate/advanced undergraduate level: a
course in field methods, and a second course in an area mutually agreed on
by the applicant and the department. This second course should complement
the department's current offerings; courses in syntax or semantics are of
particular interest.

Applicants must hold the Ph.D. in Linguistics or a related field by the
starting date of the appointment. Stanford University is an equal
opportunity, affirmative action employer.

The Department will begin to consider applications starting JUNE 6, 2005.
Applications should include the candidate's CV, statements of teaching and
research interests, teaching evaluations (if available), up to three
representative samples of published or unpublished work, and the names and
e-mail addresses of three or four referees. Applicants should also arrange
for their letters of reference to be sent directly to the department as
soon as possible.

Send hard-copy materials to:

Lecturer Search Committee
Stanford University
Department of Linguistics
Margaret Jacks Hall, Room 127
Stanford, CA 94305-2150 USA
Tel: 650-723-4284
Fax: 650-723-5666

or by e-mail to Nikhila Pai at nikhila.paistanford.edu.

For further information, please contact Professor Peter Sells (contact
information below).

Address for Applications:

Department Manager Nikhila Pai
Margaret Jacks Hall, Room 127
Stanford, CA 94305-2150
United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

Professor Peter Sells
Email: sellsstanford.edu
Phone: 650-723-4284