16.1672, Software: Open-source IPA input method for Mac OS

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed May 25 19:48:23 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1672. Wed May 25 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1672, Software: Open-source IPA input method for Mac OS

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Maria Moreno-Rollins <maria at linguistlist.org>

Date: 18-May-2005
From: Brian 'Moses' Hall < moses at blugs.com >
Subject: Open-source IPA input method for Mac OS

Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:45:46
From: Brian 'Moses' Hall < moses at blugs.com >

For users of Mac OS X 10.2 ('Jaguar') and later, I am pleased to announce
the availability of a free Unicode character palette input method for the
International Phonetic Alphabet. This palette is compatible with the
Hiragino font shipped with Mac OS, the Doulos IPA font supplied by SIL, and
other IPA Unicode fonts. The software enables point-and-click character
entry into Unicode-compliant software under Mac OS X. I hope linguists will
find it easy to process IPA symbols using it.

The software, its source code, and documentation are available:
http://www.blugs.com/IPA/

Thank you for your attention.

Brian 'Moses' Hall (moses at blugs.com)
Learning Research and Development Center
University of Pittsburgh
Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics
                     Phonology