16.1690, Confs: Cognitive Science/Lyon, France

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri May 27 20:30:42 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1690. Fri May 27 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1690, Confs: Cognitive Science/Lyon, France

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Amy Wronkowicz <amy at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-May-2005
From: Gloria Origgi < Gloria.Origgi at enst.fr >
Subject: Virtual Workshop on Causality

Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 16:26:41
From: Gloria Origgi < Gloria.Origgi at enst.fr >

Virtual Workshop on Causality
Short Title: Causality

Date: 10-Mar-2005 - 10-Jan-2006
Location: Lyon, France
Contact: Anne Reboul
Contact Email: reboul at isc.cnrs.fr
Meeting URL: http://www.interdisciplines.org/causality

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science

Meeting Description:

A virtual workshop on the cognitive bases of causal reasoning and its relations
with language development organised by the Institute of Cognitive Science, Lyon
and the Linguistics Department of the Geneva University at
http://www.interdisciplines.org/causality

The workshop will bring together psychologists, philosophers, primatologists,
linguists to explore the difference between animal and human causality, the role
of language in shaping our causal reasoning as well as the role of association
and memory in causal understanding.

Starting from March 1st 2005, a new paper will be open to discussion every two
weeks at http://www.interdisciplines.org/causality

This workshop is organized by the Institute for Cognitive Science in Lyon and
the University of Geneva.

Discussion is open to everyone through a moderated forum.
This week we discuss Jenniker Vonk' paper on ''Causality in Non-Humans''