16.1708, FYI: Call for papers: L3 after English (L2) in Japan

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun May 29 13:06:19 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1708. Sun May 29 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1708, FYI: Call for papers: L3 after English (L2) in Japan

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 27-May-2005
From: Guido Oebel < oebel at cc.saga-u.ac.jp >
Subject: Call for papers: L3 after English (L2) in Japan

Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 09:04:05
From: Guido Oebel < oebel at cc.saga-u.ac.jp >

After completing extensive research in the field of learning and teaching
German as 2nd foreign language (DaF as L3) I'm planning for 2006 to edit
and publish a book dealing with this topic. That's why I'm encouraging
potential contributors and possibly co-editors to participate in this book
project. I'd like to attract especially native speakers of modern European
languages such as Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and
Spanish to write papers dealing with specific phenomena (positive vs.
negative transfer of English as L2) of Japanese university students
emphasizing on intentionally using the positive L2-aspects in order to
facilitate and improve their students' learning of the respective L3.

Those who are interested in taking part in the afore-described project are
requested to get in touch with me by e-mail to oebel at cc.saga-u.ac.jp. Thank
you in advance for considering a contribution of yours.

Language(s) of publication: contributors' respective mother tongue,
however, possibly throughout in English should the publishing house insist
on a "one-language-policy".

Year of publication: 2006

Deadline for submitting papers: at the end of March 2006.

Dr. Guido Oebel - associate professor -
Head of 1st TestDaF-Centre nationwide
Saga University
Faculty of Culture and Education
Dept. of American & European Culture
Honjo-machi 1, JP 840-8502 Saga-shi
Fon/Fax: 0081-952-28-8299
e-mail: oebel at cc.saga-u.ac.jp

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition
                     Language Description