16.1711, Qs: Computing Biber Ling Features;Interpreting Corpora

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun May 29 21:25:02 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1711. Sun May 29 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1711, Qs: Computing Biber Ling Features;Interpreting Corpora

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date: 27-May-2005
From: Francois Lacroix < merguez99 at yahoo.fr >
Subject: Tool to compute Biber's features

2)
Date: 27-May-2005
From: Maciej Adamski < madamski1981 at wp.pl >
Subject: Corpora in interpreting

Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 17:19:05
From: Francois Lacroix < merguez99 at yahoo.fr >

Dear linguists,

I'm a researcher in computational linguistics and I'm looking for a tool
which computes the 67 linguistic features (or most of them) presented by
Douglas Biber in his book 'Variation across speech and writing', for any text.

Such features count the number of private/public verbs, past tenses, 1st
person pronouns, by-passives phrases, etc. As many papers use those
features such a tool must exist, but I can't find any on the web.

Thanks a lot!

Francois

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics