16.2862, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Asst Prof, Michigan State U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 4 19:35:42 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2862. Tue Oct 04 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2862, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Asst Prof, Michigan State U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 03-Oct-2005
From: Alan Munn < amunn at msu.edu >
Subject: Sociolinguistics: Asst Prof, Michigan State University, MI, USA

Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 15:33:17
From: Alan Munn < amunn at msu.edu >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Michigan State University
Department: Linguistics and Languages
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics

The Department of Linguistics and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African
Languages at Michigan State University will make a tenure-track appointment in
sociolinguistics at the Assistant Professor level, to begin August 15, 2006.

The successful applicant will have a Ph.D. in linguistics, publications and/or
presentations in quantitative approaches to problems of language variation and
change, and demonstrated teaching ability. Preference will be given to those
with a research program relevant to theoretical linguistics and/or cognitive
science. We seek a person who will be active in graduate teaching and who also
has a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching. Department faculty also
contribute to the university's Integrative Studies Program (general education).
Ph.D. by time of appointment.

Consideration of applications begins December 1, 2005. Send letters of
application describing research and teaching interests, vita and three letters
of recommendation to the address below.  Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or
permanent residents must provide documentation evidencing employment
authorization in the United States. All candidates will be kept informed of the
progress of the search. Persons with disabilities have a right to request and
receive reasonable accommodation. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Michigan State University is an AA/EOE institution.

Address for Applications:

David Prestel, Chair
Department of Linguistics and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages
A-615 Wells Hall
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1027
USA