16.2524, Jobs: Semantics: Asst. Professor, University of Maryland

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 1 15:54:36 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2524. Thu Sep 01 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2524, Jobs: Semantics: Asst. Professor, University of Maryland

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 31-Aug-2005
From: Kathi Faulkingham < kathif at umd.edu >
Subject: Semantics:  Assistant Professor, University of Maryland, College Park, USA

Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:52:24
From: Kathi Faulkingham < kathif at umd.edu >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: University of Maryland
Department: Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Semantics

The Linguistics Department at the University of Maryland invites
applications for a tenure track assistant professor position in semantics
beginning August 2006. Applicants for the position should already have a
PhD or expect to have one by August 2006, should be prepared to teach
courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level, and should have a
solid foundation in linguistic theory.  The ideal candidate should have an
active research profile in semantics and should have broader interests that
interface with one or more of the department's strengths in syntax,
phonology, psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, or computational linguistics.

Letters of application should be sent to Norbert Hornstein, Department
Chair, at the address below. Applicants should (i) send a current cv (ii)
samples of written work, (iii) teaching evaluations (if available) and (iv)
arrange to have three letters of reference sent.  EO/AAE.

Address for Applications:

Chair Norbert Hornstein
University of Maryland
Linguistics Dept.