16.2528, Jobs: Computational Linguistics, Researcher, Cambridge U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 1 16:42:05 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2528. Thu Sep 01 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2528, Jobs: Computational Linguistics, Researcher, Cambridge U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 31-Aug-2005
From: ian lewin < il220 at cl.cam.ac.uk >
Subject: Computational Ling/HCI, Researcher, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK

Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:40:09
From: ian lewin < il220 at cl.cam.ac.uk >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Cambridge University
Department: Genetics
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; HCI

Research Associate
Department of Genetics
Ref No: PC190 Grade: NRAS Salary: £19,460 - £29,127 pa Limit of tenure:

We are looking to appoint a postdoctoral Research Associate to work on
BBSRC-funded e-science project, Integrating Literature, Experiments and
Curation in Drosophila Genomics Research. You will support the FlyBase
curation team deploying and integrating an information extraction system
into the curation system. Ideally you will have a PhD in a relevant area
and knowledge and expertise in some of the following areas: JAVA, web
programming, information extraction, computational linguistics and
human-computer interaction. This project is held jointly with the Computer
Laboratory and the Genetics Department.

Please see: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/av308/Project_Index/index.html
for further information on the project and research groups.

Applications, should include a covering letter, a completed PD18 form
including names and addresses of three referees, and a full CV should be
sent either by post to the address below, or by e-mail to the Computer lab at:
Personnel-admin at cl.cam.ac.uk.

Address for Applications

	Departmental Secretary
	Department of Genetics