16.2556, Jobs: Comp Ling: Programmer, Parity Computing Inc.

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 5 19:15:56 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2556. Mon Sep 05 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2556, Jobs: Comp Ling: Programmer, Parity Computing Inc.

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Sep-2005
From: Malathi Acharya < m.acharya at paritycomputing.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Parity Computing Inc., San Diego, USA

Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:12:10
From: Malathi Acharya < m.acharya at paritycomputing.com >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Parity Computing Inc
Job Rank: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Parity Computing is a text mining company that has developed unique
technology to extract latent relationships from unstructured data and is
looking for creative and detail oriented people who can further the
development of Parity's systems to identify key elements in unstructured text.

Candidate will be responsible for development of text parsing rules,
grammars, regular expressions, and heuristics. Preference will be given to
candidates in the San Diego area. Qualified students from the universities
in the San Diego area are encouraged to apply.

Experience with the following areas is highly desired:
- Linguistics or Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine learning
- Rule based systems
- Regular Expressions
- PERL

Additionally we're looking for people who can:
- communicate clearly in writing and in person
- recognize and solve problems
- work unsupervised

The position is on-going position and would be generally flexible around
the student's academic schedule.

If you are interested in the position please send a copy of your resume to
jobs at paritycomputing.com

For information about Parity Computing, please visit our web site at:

www.paritycomputing.com

Information Contact: Malathi Acharya, Tel: 858-535-0516

Address for Applications:

Operations Manager Malathi Acharya
6160 Lusk Blvd
Suite C 205
San Diego, CA 92121
USA

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

Malathi Acharya
Email: jobs at paritycomputing.com
Phone: 858-535-0516