16.2561, Qs: Translating Nonwords;Political Direct Mail Samples

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 6 14:35:00 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2561. Tue Sep 06 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2561, Qs: Translating Nonwords;Political Direct Mail Samples

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 05-Sep-2005
From: Daniela Delia < daniela_super at msn.com >
Subject: Translating Nonwords

2)
Date: 05-Sep-2005
From: Angela Kirchherr < akirchherr at hotmail.com >
Subject: Political Direct Mail Samples

Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:33:00
From: Daniela Delia < daniela_super at msn.com >

I am doing my research project and it mainly consists of adapating (to the
maltese language) the reading and spelling section of the PALPA.  I am
finding some problems in adapting nonwords to maltese>  are there any
studies which focus on how other languages adapted nonwords to their
language.  are there any criteria that are needed to adapt nonwords are
they are standard for every language?

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics