16.2602, Jobs: Computational Ling: Computational Linguist, USA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Sep 11 18:04:40 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2602. Sun Sep 11 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2602, Jobs: Computational Ling: Computational Linguist, USA

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 10-Sep-2005
From: Christa Orn < christa at people-factor.com >
Subject: English/Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Spanlink Communications, MN, USA

Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:01:04
From: Christa Orn < christa at people-factor.com >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Spanlink Communications
Job Rank: Computational Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)

Spanlink Communications, building on Natural Language technology acquired
from SRI International, is seeking a motivated, adaptable person who wants
to revolutionize customer Self Help applications. We are looking to attract
a sharp and talented team member who has a desire to work on advanced
Natural Language-based applications.

The Computational Linguist will play a central role in the creation of
Spanlink's supporting linguistic knowledge. The primary responsibilities
will include assessing lexical and grammar needs, creating grammar support,
enhancing lexicons and lexical tools, and improving overall quality of
automated question answering. The ideal candidate will have a love of both
words and software development.

Qualifications:
- BS/BA in relevant field such as Computer Science or Linguistics; MS preferred
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrable computer skills:
Must have:
- Programming experience with Java, C++ or Perl
- Experience processing large collections of data
- Strong knowledge of intelligent text processing techniques
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL is preferred

The position is in Menlo Park, CA and will require some travel.

All positions offer a competitive package of salary and equity incentives.
Spanlink Communications is an equal opportunity employer.

Please send resumes and inquiries to:
The attention of Greg Whittemore at hr at spanlink.com

Address for Applications:

	Greg Whittemore
	7125 Northland Terrace
	Suite 100
	Minneapolis, MN 55428
	USA

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

	Greg Whittemore
	Email: hr at spanlink.com
	Website: http://www.discern.com