16.2628, Qs: Hebrew Names; Phonemic Vowel Length and Music

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 12 16:17:57 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2628. Mon Sep 12 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2628, Qs: Hebrew Names; Phonemic Vowel Length and Music

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 09-Sep-2005
From: Vardit Haimi-Cohen < vardit at yale.edu >
Subject: Hebrew Names

2)
Date: 11-Sep-2005
From: Julian Bradfield < jcb at inf.ed.ac.uk >
Subject: Phonemic Vowel Length and Music

Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:16:27
From: Vardit Haimi-Cohen < vardit at yale.edu >

I am a college student beginning a research project on Hebrew names, and
how they function in the trilateral-root/binyan system.  I would be very
grateful for any suggestions for background reading either on names in
Hebrew, the linguisitic features of names in general, etc.

Linguistic Field(s): Historical Linguistics
                     Morphology