16.2646, Jobs: General Ling: Proofreader, Landor Associates

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 13 19:43:34 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2646. Tue Sep 13 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2646, Jobs: General Ling: Proofreader, Landor Associates

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-Sep-2005
From: Jenna Pavluk < jennifer_pavluk at cin.landor.com >
Subject: General Linguistics: Proofreader, Landor Associates, OH, USA

Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:40:53
From: Jenna Pavluk < jennifer_pavluk at cin.landor.com >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Landor Associates
Department: Human Resources
Job Rank: Proofreader
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Landor Associates is an internationally recognized global branding and
design consultancy.  Offering a multidisciplinary range of brand strategy,
design, naming, interactive, and research services, we help our clients
worldwide create, renew and strengthen their brand power.

Landor Cincinnati is currently seeking a Proofreader.  The ideal candidate
will possess strong grammatical skills, an eye for detail and enjoy working
in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.  Essential functions of the
position include the ability to read proof against copy, to use
standardized code to mark grammatical or typographical errors that appear
in proof, and to measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page
elements (copy and illustrations) to verify conformance to specifications.
 Speed, accuracy, and excellent written and oral communication skills are
also all required.

The successful candidate must demonstrate the following abilities to
succeed at the position:
- •Extensive knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation. and style guidelines.
•- Familiarity with using and developing style guides.
•- Ability to verify correct information utilizing copy logs, style guides, and
industry standard editing tools.
•- Ability to maintain and develop effective project records, both physical and
digital.
•- Ability to apply carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
diagram form.

Candidates will likely have 3-5 years of experience as a Proofreader with a
Bachelor's degree in English, Communication, or Journalism.

To apply, send resume to Jobs_Cin at cin.landor.com.  Please place Proofreader
in the subject line.

Address for Applications:

	Jenna Pavluk
	110 Shillito Place
	Cincinnati, OH 45202
	USA

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information

	Jenna Pavluk
	Email: Jobs_Cin at cin.landor.com
	Website: http://www.landor.com