16.2687, Confs: Anthropological Ling/Socioling/New York, NY, USA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 19 02:23:27 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2687. Sun Sep 18 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2687, Confs: Anthropological Ling/Socioling/New York, NY, USA

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Kevin Burrows <kevin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 14-Sep-2005
From: Erez Levon < erez.levon at nyu.edu >
Subject: New Ways of Analyzing Variation 34

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:20:28
From: Erez Levon < erez.levon at nyu.edu >

New Ways of Analyzing Variation 34
Short Title: NWAV 34

Date: 20-Oct-2005 - 23-Oct-2005
Location: New York, NY, USA
Contact: Renee Blake
Contact Email: nwav34 at nyu.edu
Meeting URL: http://www.nwav34.com

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; Sociolinguistics

Meeting Description:

NWAV 34: Lects and the City will be held at New York University from October 20-23 2005. This year's theme highlights the linguistic and social issues that arise in multicultural urban centers.

The New York University Department of Linguistics is proud to announce

NWAV 34: Lects in the City

to be held at New York University from 20-23 October 2005.

NWAV 34 highlights the linguistic and social issues that arise in multicultural urban centers. To this end, we are offering a variety of events that bring together scholars from linguistics, anthropology, sociology and education to discuss the broader implications of urban research. In addition to the cross-disciplinary events with this focus, NWAV 34 also features over 130 papers and 27 posters addressing research on the intersection of language and society, four thematic panel sessions addressing current issues in Sociolinguistic and Linguistic Anthropology, and an informal breakfast/discussion group with Bill Labov.

For the complete schedule of the conference, as well as other information, please visit our website at www.nwav34.com.

We hope that you will be able to join us for this exciting event, and look forward to seeing you in October!