16.2725, Qs: Sichuan Yi; Sentences with Non-finite Clauses

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 22 17:34:02 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2725. Thu Sep 22 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2725, Qs: Sichuan Yi; Sentences with Non-finite Clauses

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Sep-2005
From: Michael Wiggs < ceemikew at yahoo.com >
Subject: Sichuan Yi

2)
Date: 20-Sep-2005
From: Soma Paul < soma at iiit.ac.in >
Subject: Sentences with Non-finite Clauses in Head-driven Phrase Structure Grammar

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:32:29
From: Michael Wiggs < ceemikew at yahoo.com >

I'm looking for information on the phonology of Sichuan/liangshan Yi.  I'm
specifically interested in the IPA of the language; is there an accepted
standard IPA or just individual interpretations?

I'm also looking for any digital recording files of the language that
someone could send to my computer.

I've been compiling a swadish list for this language and have run into
disagreements between sources on words usually a vs. ax or e vs. yi.  if
anyone has an explaination for this I would be interested.

I'm really interested in this language and would just like to learn all I
can about it, in all fields not only phonology.

thank you

mike

Linguistic Field(s): Language Description
                     Phonology