16.2787, Confs: Lang Acquisition/Boston, MA, USA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 28 06:10:17 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2787. Wed Sep 28 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2787, Confs: Lang Acquisition/Boston, MA, USA

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Kevin Burrows <kevin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 20-Sep-2005
From: David Bamman < langconf at bu.edu >
Subject: 30th Boston University Conference on Language Development

Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 02:08:37
From: David Bamman < langconf at bu.edu >

30th Boston University Conference on Language Development
Short Title: BUCLD 30

Date: 04-Nov-2005 - 06-Nov-2005
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Contact: David Bamman
Contact Email: langconf at bu.edu
Meeting URL: http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition

Meeting Description:

The conference includes about 90 papers and 40 posters in such areas as theoretical approaches to language acquisition, cross-cultural language development, second language development, language disorders, and literacy development.

We are pleased to announce that pre-registration for BUCLD 30 is now available at:

http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/prereg.htm

The 30th Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development will be held at Boston University, November 4-6, 2005. Our invited speakers are:

Janet Werker, University of British Columbia
''Speech Perception and Language Acquisition: Comparing Monolingual and Bilingual Infants''
Keynote address, Friday, November 4 at 8:00 pm

Harald Clahsen, University of Essex
''Grammatical Processing in First and Second Language Learners''
Plenary address, Saturday, November 5 at 5:45 pm

Jeff Elman, University of California at San Diego
LouAnn Gerken, University of Arizona
Mark Johnson, Brown University
''Statistical Learning in Language Development: What is it, What is its Potential, and What are its Limitations?''
Lunchtime symposium, Saturday, November 5 at 12:00 pm

The full conference schedule, with 87 papers and 40 posters, is available at:
http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/schedule.htm

Please note that beginning October 26, 2005 (two weeks before the conference), nationals from 27 countries will need a machine-readable passport to be eligible for a visa waiver for entry into the United States. More information is available on the US Department of State website at:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html

More information about BUCLD is available at our website:
http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD

We look forward to seeing you at BUCLD 30.

Sincerely,
David Bamman, Tatiana Magnitskaia and Colleen Zaller
BUCLD 30 Co-organizers