16.2796, Jobs: Historical Linguistics: Asst Prof, Yale University

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 28 19:26:54 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2796. Wed Sep 28 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2796, Jobs: Historical Linguistics: Asst Prof, Yale University

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 28-Sep-2005
From: Casandra Murphy < Casandra.Murphy at yale.edu >
Subject: Historical Linguistics: Asst Prof, Yale University, CT, USA

Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:23:56
From: Casandra Murphy < Casandra.Murphy at yale.edu >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Yale University
Department: Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics

The Department of Linguistics at Yale University expects to make an appointment
in the field of Historical Linguistics, at the Assistant Professor level,
effective July 1, 2006. Candidates should have completed the requirements for
the Ph.D. by the summer of 2006 at the latest. In addition to courses in
Historical Linguistics, including (but not limited to) Indo-European Comparative
Linguistics, the appointee will be expected to teach courses in Syntax at both
the beginning and more advanced levels. Previous teaching experience will be an
advantage.

Applicants should send a current CV, two or three representative research papers
and the names of potential references by 15 December, 2005.  Please do NOT have
letters of recommendation sent to us before we explicitly request them.
Unsolicited letters will be disregarded in the appointment process. We hope to
interview potential candidates at the LSA Annual Meeting in Albuquerque, NM in
January, 2006. Additional applications may be submitted at that time.

Yale University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and
especially encourages applications from women and members of under-represented
minorities.

Address for Applications:

Chair, Historical Search Committee
Department of Linguistics