16.2807, Qs: Condolence Expressions; Translation Dissertations

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 29 20:20:21 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2807. Thu Sep 29 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2807, Qs: Condolence Expressions;  Translation Dissertations

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 29-Sep-2005
From: Cindy Ai-li Hsin < gealhsin at nknucc.nknu.edu.tw >
Subject: Condolence Expressions Questionnaire

2)
Date: 27-Sep-2005
From: Sigal Uziel-Karl < sigal at alum.mit.edu >
Subject: Dissertations and/or Theses on Translation

Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:17:27
From: Cindy Ai-li Hsin < gealhsin at nknucc.nknu.edu.tw >

I am an associate professor in a University in Taiwan. Presently, my
graduate student and I are conducting a research on socio-linguistics. We
need native speakers of English or Japanese to help us fill out a
questionnaire concerning the use of condolence expressions. If you can take
some time to assist us, we would be very much appreciated. Please give us
your email address if you can help and we will email you the questionnaire.

Cindy A. Hsin

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics