17.1181, Support: General Ling: O pen Student, Universit ät Stuttgart

Thu Apr 20 12:56:19 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-1181. Thu Apr 20 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.1181, Support: General Ling: Open Student, Universität Stuttgart

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 20-Apr-2006
From: Artemis Alexiadou < artemis at ifla.uni-stuttgart.de >
Subject: General Linguistics: Open Student, Universität Stuttgart, Germany

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:54:01
From: Artemis Alexiadou < artemis at ifla.uni-stuttgart.de >

Institution/Organization: Universität Stuttgart
Department: Department of Linguistics
Level: Open
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The organizers of the DGfS and GLOW summer school 2006 in Stuttgart are now
able to make available a very limited number of grants for a small number
of full time students who come from countries with economical hardships.
The deadline for applying for these grants is 31st May 2006. The
scholarships are sponsored by the GLOW 'Teun Hoekstra' fund.

Eligibility criteria. The limited number of grants we intend to make
available is meant to cover registration fees of the successful candidates
as long as they are full time students and come from countries with
economical hardships.

What do the grants cover?
These grants cover only the registration fees. Please note that no travel
and accommodation grants are available from the local organization.

How to apply?
To apply for grants, send a grant request by e-mail (be sure to mention
DGfS and GLOW) to: summerschool at ifla.uni-stuttgart.de. All application
material must be in English.

Your grant request should contain the following information:
- Name and e-mail address.
- Position: student (graduate, undergraduate)
- Affiliation: University, Company or Research Institute.
- Country of origin.
- Sources and amount of your funding (please state personal annual income).
- What are your current research interests? (up to 2 pages)
- Motivation: why do you want to visit the summer school? (up to 1 page)
- Have you submitted a paper to the student session? If so, was it
accepted, rejected, or are you still waiting for the notification?
- Include a letter of recommendation from your supervisor or ask him/her to
send a recommendation by email to us.

If your grant application fails to satisfy the above eligibility conditions
or does not contain all the above requested information, it will be
automatically disqualified and we will not contact you further.

Time Schedule. The deadline for application is May 31st. We will notify
applicants by June 30th whether or not the request will be granted.
Unsuccessful grant applicants will still be eligible for the early
registration fee.

Web Address for Applications:
http://ifla.uni-stuttgart.de/summerschool2006/index.shtml

Mailing Address for Applications: