17.1215, Jobs: Spanish/Phonetics/Phonology: Prof/Lecturer, MI

Sat Apr 22 14:04:22 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-1215. Sat Apr 22 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.1215, Jobs: Spanish/Phonetics/Phonology: Prof/Lecturer, MI

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Apr-2006
From: Elizabeth Humpert < bhumpert at umich.edu >
Subject: Spanish & Phonetics/Phonology: Visiting Prof or Lecturer, University of Michigan, MI, USA

Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:00:40
From: Elizabeth Humpert < bhumpert at umich.edu >

University or Organization: University of Michigan
Department: Romance Languages and Literatures
Job Rank: Visiting Professor or Lecturer I
Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

The Department of Romance Languages and Literatures at the University of
Michigan invites applications for a one semester visiting position in
Spanish Linguistics Winter term, 1/1/07-4/30/07. Area of specialization is
open, but we will be especially interested in candidates who can teach in
one or more of the following areas of Spanish Linguistics:
phonetics-phonology; sociolinguistics; dialectology, language variation and
change; language contact. The position involves teaching 2 or 3
undergraduate courses during the Winter semester. The successful candidate
must have PhD in hand. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.

Address for Applications:

	Ms. Elizabeth Humpert
	812 E. Washington St.
	4108 MLB