17.1243, Jobs: Comp Ling/NLP: Asst Prof, U of St. Andrews

Tue Apr 25 10:32:19 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-1243. Tue Apr 25 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.1243, Jobs: Comp Ling/NLP:  Asst Prof, U of St. Andrews

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-Apr-2006
From: Rens Bod < rb at dcs.st-and.ac.uk >
Subject: Computational Linguistics/Natural Language Processing: Asst Prof, University of St Andrews, UK

Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 06:30:03
From: Rens Bod < rb at dcs.st-and.ac.uk >

University or Organization: University of St Andrews
Department: School of Computer Science
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

To support a research-led expansion of Computer Science at St Andrews, UK,
we are looking for an assistant professor/lecturer in Natural Language
Processing.

Candidates should have a PhD in Computer Science or Computational
Linguistics and demonstrate exceptional research commitment and teaching
ability. Candidates with a background in Statistical Natural Language
Processing are especially encouraged to apply. Possible areas of expertise
include, but are not limited to, unsupervised language induction, machine
learning of language, data-oriented parsing, spoken language understanding,
discourse processing and machine translation.

Further details: http://www.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/news/vacancies/2006-0406.php
or http://www.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~rb/

Address for Applications

	School of Computer Science