17.1265, FYI: Cognitive Approaches to NLP Symposium Proposal

Wed Apr 26 13:28:38 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-1265. Wed Apr 26 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.1265, FYI: Cognitive Approaches to NLP Symposium Proposal

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Svetlana Aksenova <svetlana at linguistlist.org>

Date: 25-Apr-2006
From: Jerry Ball < jerry.ball at mesa.afmc.af.mil >

Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:26:35
From: Jerry Ball < jerry.ball at mesa.afmc.af.mil >

A symposium topic entitled ''Cognitive Approaches to NLP'' has been
submitted to the AAAI Spring Symposium 2007 selection committee.
This symposium is a follow up to the very successful AAAI 2006 Spring
Symposium ''Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Cognitive Science
Principles Meet AI Hard Problems'' chaired by Christian Lebiere and
Bob Wray. We are currently looking for people who might be
interested in participating in this symposium (no commitment to attend
is required at this point). If you would like to see the symposium
proposal or would like to be listed as a potential participant, please
contact Jerry Ball (jerry.ball at mesa.afmc.af.mil) or Krishna Jha
(kjha at atl.lmco.com ) before 28 April 2006.

Jerry Ball, Air Force Research Laboratory
Krishna Jha, Lockheed Martin Advanced Technologies Laboratories

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science
                     Computational Linguistics
                     Psycholinguistics
                     Semantics