17.405, Confs: Morphology/York, UK

LINGUIST List linguist at LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Tue Feb 7 03:12:19 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-405. Mon Feb 06 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.405, Confs: Morphology/York, UK

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Kevin Burrows <kevin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 01-Feb-2006
From: Alexandra Galani < ag153 at york.ac.uk >
Subject: York-Essex Morphology Meeting 3

Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 22:04:51
From: Alexandra Galani < ag153 at york.ac.uk >

York-Essex Morphology Meeting 3
Short Title: YEMM 3

Date: 25-Feb-2006 - 26-Feb-2006
Location: York, United Kingdom
Contact: Alexandra Galani, Glyn Hicks
Contact Email: ag153 at york.ac.uk, gdh103 at york.ac.uk
Meeting URL: http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~yemm/

Linguistic Field(s): Morphology

Meeting Description:

YEMM aims to bring together research in morphology from a variety of theoretical perspectives, including Distributed Morphology, Head-Driven Phrase Structure Grammar, Lexical Functional Grammar, Minimalism, Network Morphology and Paradigm Function Morphology. We encourage lively discussion, learning, and sharing of ideas, with the intention of promoting new interdepartmental collaborations.

Our invited speakers are both linguists with a distinguished reputation and PhD students engaged in research in morphology.

We are pleased to announce that the third York-Essex Morphology meeting (YEMM3) will be taking place on the 25th-26th of February, at the University of York (UK).

YEMM aims to bring together research in morphology from a variety of theoretical perspectives, including Distributed Morphology, Head-Driven Phrase Structure Grammar, Lexical Functional Grammar, Minimalism, Network Morphology and Paradigm Function Morphology. We encourage lively discussion, learning, and sharing of ideas, with the intention of promoting new interdepartmental collaborations. Our invited speakers are both linguists with a distinguished reputation and PhD students engaged in research in morphology. Proceedings of the meeting will be published by York Papers in Linguistics.

Were are pleased to confirm that the following invited speakers will be participating at YEMM3:

Peter Ackema (University of Edinburgh) and Ad Neeleman (UCL)
Melanie Bell (University of Cambridge)
Ricardo Bermudez-Otero (University of Manchester)
Marina Chumakina (University of Surrey)
Daniel Everett (University of Manchester)
Alexandra Galani (Univesity York)
Despina Kazana (University of Essex)
Andrew Spencer (University of Essex)
George Tsoulas (University of York)

Programme

Saturday 25th February 2006

1:15-1:30   Opening

1:30-2:10   George Tsoulas (University of York)

2:10-2:50   Despina Kazana (University of Essex)
                   Definite Determiner Agreement in MG Coordinate Nouns

2:50-3:20   Coffee break

3:20-4:00   Dan Everett (University of Manchester)
                   Exocentric Morphosyntax

4:00-4:40   Ricardo Bermudez-Otero (University of Manchester)
                   The phonology of cliticization in Stratal Optimality Theory

Dinner

Sunday 26th February 2006

10:00-10:40   Andrew Spencer (University of Essex)
                      Does Hungarian have case?

10:40-11:20   Marina Chumakina (University of Surrey)
                      On Archi morphology from lexicographic perspective

11:20-12:00   Coffee break

12:40-1:20    Peter Ackema (University of Edinburgh) and Ad Neeleman (UCL)
                      Exceptional pro drop in Early Modern Dutch

1:20-2:30      Lunch break

2:30-3:10      Melanie Bell (University of Cambridge)
                      English Compound Nouns Revisited

3:10-3:50      Alexandra Galani (University of York)
                      A-V, N-V, V-V Compounds in Greek

3:50-4:00      Closing

Registration for YEMM is completely free, but if you are planning to attend please let the YEMM committee know by 17th February, by emailing the local organisers, Alexandra Galani (ag153 at york.ac.uk) and Glyn Hicks (gdh103 at york.ac.uk).

Please see http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~yemm/ for further details of the meeting and the organisers, and do not hesitate to contact us if you need further information.

The YEMM Organising Committee