17.425, FYI: Re: Peter Ladefoged

LINGUIST List linguist at LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Wed Feb 8 18:33:42 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-425. Wed Feb 08 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.425, FYI: Re: Peter Ladefoged

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Svetlana Aksenova <svetlana at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Jan-2006
From: Alan Kaye < akaye at fullerton.edu >
Subject: Re: Peter Ladefoged

Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:30:07
From: Alan Kaye < akaye at fullerton.edu >

It has been touching reading the comments re Peter Ladefoged's passing. In
this regard, let me mention the long interview I did with him re his
career, linguistics, phonetics and the history of those disciplines plus a
biography by me in the February issue of Semiotica (2006).  Peter had read
proofs of this article (along with myself) last fall.  The interview was
conducted during the spring and summer of 2005.

Alan S. Kaye
Dept. of English, Comp. Lit., and Linguistics
California State University
Fullerton, CA 92834

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable