17.2058, FYI: Call for Plagiarists

Fri Jul 14 19:24:48 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-2058. Fri Jul 14 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.2058, FYI: Call for Plagiarists

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project / Long Now Foundation

Editor for this issue: Kevin Burrows <kevin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Jul-2006
From: John Olsson < john at art71.com >
Subject: Call for Plagiarists

Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:19:29
From: John Olsson < john at art71.com >

Wannabe a plagiarist?

Well, probably not, but here's an interesting exercise in plagiarism for
you to try out at home. Plagiarism is an activity we all discourage and
deplore of course, but have you ever wondered how it's done, and what
happens linguistically when it's done?

You will be helping a research programme if you, LINGUIST members, would
indulge me by attempting to plagiarise an excerpt from a little known
novel, but to do your best to avoid being detected.

Please email me at this address and I will send you the (very short) text:
john at art71.com
Many thanks
John Olsson
My website address is at: www.thetext.co.uk

Linguistic Field(s): Forensic Linguistics